sumif with multiple conditions

  1. #1
    Slax
    Guest

    sumif with multiple conditions

    Column A is Cities, Column B is States. Column C is Dollars. There
    are 200 rows of information. I want to add the values in Column C if
    the City is Wichita and the State is Kansas. Can sumif do this??

  2. #2
    Roberto
    Guest

    Re: sumif with multiple conditions

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A201="Wichita");--(B2:B201="Kansas");--(C2:C201))

    Regard
    Roberto

    news:[email protected]...
    :

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sumif with multiple conditions

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Wichita"),--(B1:B100="Kansas"),C1:C100)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: sumif with multiple conditions

    Hi,

    While sumproduct is the most effective way of solving this problem, another
    way of achieving the same result is by using an array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Del)

    =sum(if((rangeA="Wichita")*(rangeB="Kansas"),rangeC))

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur

  5. #5

    Re: sumif with multiple conditions

    I bet you meant ctrl-shift-enter (not Ctrl+Shift+Del).

  6. #6
    Slax
    Guest

    Re: sumif with multiple conditions

    Thanks to all of you. Works like a Champ!!!