Formula doesn't update when rows are inserted

  1. #1
    arreferee
    Guest

    Formula doesn't update when rows are inserted

    I have a formula that is simply adding cells E8:E184. When I insert rows
    (begining with E185) and populate those rows with data, the formula doesn't
    pick these up. In all of my other spreadsheets, the formula automatically
    updates with the inserted rows, but this one doesn't want to do this. Anyone
    have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    arreferee

  2. #2
    John Lyons
    Guest

    RE: Formula doesn't update when rows are inserted

    Keep cell e184 blank, and insert rows at row 184. Formula will then expand to
    include the expanded range.

  3. #3
    arreferee
    Guest

    RE: Formula doesn't update when rows are inserted

    Thanks John...this works. Do you (or anyone else) know why it's not working
    currently? I have another formula on the same spreadsheet that works
    perfectly.

    Thanks again.