Average range including blank cells: #DIV/0!

  1. #1

    Average range including blank cells: #DIV/0!

    I am trying to average a range of cells which sometimes includes blank cells, which returns: #DIV/0! This happens when the entire range is blank, but works fine when data is present. I would also like for it to display "NO" instead of #DIV/0!

    The formula I used was: =AVERAGE(B4:M4)

    Any help is much appreciated!

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Areaka,

    =IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(B4:M4)),"NO",AVERAGE(B4:M4))

    HTH

    Steve

  3. #3

    Re: Average range including blank cells: #DIV/0!

    one more:

    =if(count(b4:m4)=0,"NO",average(b4:m4))

  4. #4
    Oh, thank you so much, I was working it and reworking it with IF functions and not getting anywhere. I plugged yours in and instantaneous!!! Thank you so much!!!!