time addition to predict finish time

  1. #1
    Martin B
    Guest

    time addition to predict finish time

    I am trying to develop a spreadsheet to plan production batches and I require is a formula which takes a start time, adds a number of hours and displays the projected finish time. Foe example if a job is started at 21:00 on tuesday and takes 16 hours I need the sheet to display Wednesday 13:00.

    Thanks for any assistance you are able to offer

    Martin B

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: time addition to predict finish time

    =A1+TIME(16,0,0)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: time addition to predict finish time

    Hi martin,

    In A1, enter 12-4-2006 21:00 (or, depending on your date system, 4/12/2006 9:00 PM or even something different)
    In B1, enter 16:00
    In C1, enter =A1+B1
    Make sure C1 is formatted the same as A1

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  4. #4
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: time addition to predict finish time

    Martin,

    Assuming that you have the date annd time in the same cell (ie Tuesday's date <Space> start time) then:

    =G3+TIME(16,0,0)

    will add 16 hours

    If you want it to be more versatile then enter 16 in another cell - say J3 - and alter the formula to:

    =G3+TIME(J3,0,0)

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

  5. #5
    Martin B
    Guest

    Re: time addition to predict finish time

    thanks for the speedy response but I don't think I explained what I want very well.

    I am not interested in the start date only the day of the week and the time. Similarly I only require the finish day and time example

    A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
    Duration Start Finish
    16 Tues 21:00 Wed 13:00

    hope this is a little clearer

    Martin

  6. #6
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: time addition to predict finish time

    It would be much simpler if you just used a date instead of text, (you could format the date as "ddd" without the quotations and it will show as "Wed")

    However, if you insist on using text then:

    =INDEX({"Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun"},IF(MOD(MATCH(B1,{"Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun"},0)+INT(E1),7)=0,7,MOD(MATCH(B1,{"Mon","Tue","Wed","Thu","Fri","Sat","Sun"},0)+INT(E1),7)))

    seems to work for me.