Re: listing data without blank rows

  1. #1
    Dannycol
    Guest

    Re: listing data without blank rows

    I have used the formula you listed but changed the references etc to suit my
    sheet, i have 4 sheets were date is linked with several formula, i was
    pleased to see how it worked first time, however my problem is that it has
    now slowed down the working of my sheet, E.g when i enter date into some of
    the cells it takes 2 whole seconds before i can work in another cell.. i can
    only put it down to the number of rows and columns i'm using? I have approx
    1600 rows of data most of which are empty but do have formula spread over 10
    columns. My aim is to list on a seperate sheet all the rows with data without
    the blank rows. As i say everything works fine but sadly slow when entering
    data. Any suggestions or ways around it?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    If you want to delete blank rows on your datasheet, here's a routine which does this:

    Sub DeleteEmptyRows()
    LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _
    ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    For r = LastRow To 1 Step -1
    If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Delete
    Next r
    End Sub

    If your formulae are slowing down your worksheet, then maybe try getting the same result but without formulae. For instance if you filter your data on your datasheet, then you'll be able to copy the filtered range onto another sheet. If this meets your needs, you could look at attaching this filter & paste process to a macro/button.

  3. #3
    Dannycol
    Guest

    Re: listing data without blank rows

    Thanks for the reply... I’m not clued up on codes or macros so not sure what
    to do..

    This is my situation.. I have 4 work sheets. In one sheet named 'Claim
    Sheet' I have possible data in cells CM10:CV1661 all of these cells have
    formulae where the data is automatically entered by me entering data
    elsewhere on the same sheet, summarily the data is deleted when required. No
    problem here..

    What I’m trying to achieve is this.. On a separate work sheet named
    'Statement' I need to list all rows with data only from 'Claim Sheet'
    CM10:CV1661 excluding all blank rows. The list of rows needs to appear on
    'Statement' B10:K25, 16 rows is sufficient as the number of rows with data
    from 'Claim Sheet' will vary but never exceed 16.. Data over the 'Claim
    Sheet' 1661 rows will be added and deleted periodically but should never
    exceed 16 rows at the same time.

    Any help would be appreciated.. Is there a code I can just paste into the VB?

    As previously mentioned I have achieved the results with formulae but it has
    really slowed down the working of the work sheet! So any 'simple' alternative
    method would be a great help

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Hi Dannycol,

    OK that's clearer. Ignore my previous posting.

    Here's one way:

    In CW10 enter this formula
    =IF(COUNTA(CM10:CV10)=0,0,1)

    Copy this formula to the cells in the table below.
    Place headings for your data in CM9 to CW9
    Whilst in this table range, select Data-Filter-Autofilter
    From the drop-down box in CW9 select "1"
    Only the non-blank rows in your table will be visible and you'll be able to copy that range to your target area.

    Cheers,

  5. #5
    Dannycol
    Guest

    Re: listing data without blank rows

    Hi John

    Many thanks for the info.. I'm almost there.. when you say copy this formula
    into the table below.. do you mean into CW11:CW1661? this is what i've done.
    When selecting auto filter i get drop down lists in all 10 columns..
    Selecting '1' from CW9 does not do anything..? however selecting 'none blank'
    from one of the other columns does work fine..

    The only problem i have (or other users) is having to go thro' auto filter
    etc every time the data has changed (added or deleted) in order to view the
    completed list without blank rows. I played around with it using custom
    option or sorting top 10 hoping i could leave auto filter selected and the
    data apearring in the list without blank rows.. any ideas? or have I done
    something wrong?

    The aim is just to view this sheet with the listed data shown without blank
    rows.

    Can auto filter be left on without showing the drop down arrows?