loan payment

  1. #1

    Smile loan payment

    Good afternoon:

    I am fairly new on using excel I am trying to format a PMT FUCTION for a mortage payment. The interest rate is 7% years of loan life is 5 and loan amount is $10,000. How would I go about formation this function to get a loan payment amount.

    Thank You
    Ana

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: loan payment

    =PMT(7%/12,5*12,10000)

    or if you use cells

    A1 7%
    A2 5
    A3 10000

    =PMT(A112,A2*12,A3)

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    "vieira" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: loan payment

    =PMT(7%,5,10000)

    Gives you

    ($2,438.91)

    (in parentheses because the sign is negative, compared to the 10000)

    Is that what you were looking for?
    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten