Display missing Part Number if Column A does not match column B

  1. #1
    Erik T
    Guest

    Display missing Part Number if Column A does not match column B

    I want to look in column A and column B for matching part numbers and in
    column C have a formula that will display any part number from column A that
    is not in column B. I have 3450 part numbers to go through as new numbers are
    added every week.

    Column A Column B
    G0015 G0015
    G0092 G0092
    G0123V1 G0123V1
    G0124 G0124
    G0125V2 G0125V2
    G0325V3 G0327V1
    G0327V1 G0329-2
    G0329-2 G0331-1
    G0331-1 G0332V1

    Thank you,

    Erik

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Display missing Part Number if Column A does not match column B

    Try using an Advanced Filter...

    With your lists in A1: B10, with column headings in the first Row
    A1: List_A
    B1: List_B

    The criteria cells
    E1: MatchTest
    E2: =COUNTIF($B:$B,A2)=0

    The destination cell
    C1: List_A

    Select columns A:B
    <Data><Filter><Advanced Filter>
    Check: Copy to another location
    Check: Unique records only
    List range (already selected $A:$B)
    Criteria Range: $E$1:$E$2
    Copy To: $C$1
    Click the [OK] button to create a list of List_A items that are not included
    in List_B

    Note: the dollar signs and references in the criteria formula

    Adjust the range references to suit your situation.

    Does that help?

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: Display missing Part Number if Column A does not match column B

    Hi Erik,

    =IF(COUNTIF($B$27:$B$35,A27)=0,A27,"")

    And fill down.. change range to suit of course.

    Returned G0325V3 using your data.

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...