look up a value

  1. #1
    sjl
    Guest

    look up a value

    A B C D E
    1 3 6 9 12
    2 5 SAM
    3 10
    4 15
    4 20

    How do I search for the intersection of "5" and "9" to get "SAM". I cannot
    use a vlookup because the column i am searching changes.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: look up a value

    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...ml#IndexMatch3

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: look up a value

    Hi,

    Try the following index and match formula

    =index(A1:E5,match(C1,A1:E1,0),match(A2,A1:A5,0))

    Regards,

  4. #4
    sjl
    Guest