Want to change current prices in a column by a percentage

  1. #1
    Sharon43
    Guest

    Want to change current prices in a column by a percentage

    Hi

    I currently have a spreadsheet that contains cost prices in columns. I want
    to increase these prices by say 35% but don't want to have to insert columns
    and formulae to recalcuate each column. I know that there is a quick way of
    doinf this by highlighting the column but can't remember how.

    Thanks

    Sharon

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Want to change current prices in a column by a percentage

    Enter 1.35 in a blank cell and COPY. Highlight columns to be updated,
    Edit==>paste special==>Operation==>Multiply. Delete "helper" cell.

    Test before committing!

  3. #3
    Sharon43
    Guest

    RE: Want to change current prices in a column by a percentage

    Thanks for the advices - excellent worked first time.