Simultaneously updating Charts in Multiple sheets

  1. #1
    J Shrimps, Jr.
    Guest

    Simultaneously updating Charts in Multiple sheets

    Have a spreadsheet with 12 tabs.
    Each tab has 12 line charts based on a specific group.
    Each line in the chart represents one year (2000 -
    2003) Data points are the months. We've
    collected 60 months of data since 2000,
    about 48 since 2001, 36 since 2002, 24 since
    2003, etc.
    Data is in columns as below.

    Group 1
    Month 2000 2001 2002 2003
    0 99 % 39% 88% 90%
    1 89 % 49% 77% 65 %
    2 39% 88% 90% 92%
    3 65 % 39% 88% 90%
    etc.
    There are 12 groups like that for each tab.
    Each group has it's own chart directly below it.
    Group one starts in columns A -E, skip a column,
    Group two starts in columns G-J, etc.

    I needed to add 2004 data, so I simply clicked
    on each tab holding down the control key,
    and inserted one column for each group.
    I pasted 2004 data from my source file
    into the new column for each group.

    That was the easy part.
    Is it possible to update all the charts within
    a tab by selecting all of them and adding the new
    (2004) column of data?
    I really don't want to select each chart and
    add the 2004 column to it. That would get
    very old.

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Simultaneously updating Charts in Multiple sheets

    It would require VBA code to accomplish what you want.
    I could write code to do it, but you could have the project done
    manually before I could finish writing the code.
    All you have to do is select each chart, then grab the bottom right
    corner of the source range outline and drag it over one column.

    Constructing charts with dynamic named ranges, as the data source,
    eliminates having to update the charts as data is added.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "J Shrimps, Jr."