creating a quote looking up from tables

  1. #1

    creating a quote looking up from tables

    I am trying to create a quote system using excel, and need to be able to select from
    a range of quantities and then
    select from a range of colours

    I have tried using index and match functions but this will only work if the quantites are the same as in the table.but i need to be able to select from a range of quantities
    0-15
    16-24 etc

    I cant use nested if statements as there are 12 quantity groups

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: creating a quote looking up from tables

    One play ..

    A sample construct is available at:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/5747910
    Quote System 2 variables Tiered Qty by Colour.xls

    Assume the reference price table below is in sheet: X, wihin A1:D4

    Qty red blue green
    1 $10.00 $20.00 $15.00
    16 $20.00 $50.00 $35.00
    25 $30.00 $60.00 $50.00

    and in another sheet: Y (say)
    the quantities and colours
    will be input / selected in A2 and B2 down

    Qty Colour Quote
    12 Green
    25 Red
    5 Blue
    17 Red
    etc

    Put in C2, then copy down:
    =IF(OR(A2="",B2=""),"",INDEX(X!$A$1:$D$4,MATCH(A2,X!A:A,1),MATCH(B2,X!$1:$1,0)))

    Format col C as currency

    Col C will retrieve the quotes from the price table in X

    Qty Colour Quote
    12 Green $15.00
    25 Red $30.00
    5 Blue $20.00