Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

  1. #1
    Excel bloke
    Guest

    Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    I am working on a borrowed pc, from which I would like to remove the content
    of the listed "last visited pages" in the dialogue box "insert hyperlink" in
    Excel. Does anyone know how to do that?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    Emptying your Temporary Internet Files will clear the "browsed pages" cache.

    Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Delete TIF

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3

    Still doesn't empty the contents in Browsed Pages folder

    Hi Gord,
    I've cleared the history, delete the cookies, deleted the temp internet files and offline content. But, within Excel's hyperlink menu, the Browsed Pages also saves history in another folder. So history is still being logged somewhere. I used to be able to use Windows Explorer to delete the contents manually via
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

    There used to be a Recent folder of browsed pages that Excel accesses the history. I'm using XP Professional, Excel2003 and somehow that location doesn't have the Recent files anymore. I've also tried this address but it too fails me.
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Ricky

    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Dibben

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Remove content of last visited pages in "Insert Hyperlink" dialog

    When I clear history through Internet Options, the Hyperlink Browsed Pages in
    Excel go away.

    You may want to try using CleanCache 3.3 from ButtUgly

    http://www.buttuglysoftware.com/

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5

    Didn't work

    Hi Gord,
    Good program to have even without this thread question. I ran it but when I go into the Hyperlink, clicked on Browsed Pages, the pages are still all there.

    I downloaded the 3.3 version. Nothing. It requires that I have .Net Framework 1.1. I'm not sure what that is or whether I have it or not. I'm running on XP Professional.

    So the mystery still stands...where does the Browsed Pages get their page links from.