Formula help needed

  1. #1
    Jan
    Guest

    Formula help needed

    Excel 97.

    Column/Row B2 = text value
    Column/Row O2 = Date value

    I need a formula to evaluate as follows:

    If B2 & O2 contain no value return "", if B2 contains a value & O2 is null
    return 0 (zero), otherwise calculate today()-O2.

    I have been trying many variations of formulas to return the above results
    without any success. Can anyone advise on the correct formula to enter?

    TIA
    Jan

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Formula help needed

    Hi!

    >O2 is null

    Null means different things to different people!

    Does null mean an empty cell (no formulas, nothing), a number 0, or a blank
    cell (formula blank: "") ?

    Try this:

    =IF(COUNTA(B2,O2)=0,"",IF(AND(B2<>"",O2=""),0,TODAY()-O2))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jan
    Guest

    RE: Formula help needed

    Hi Biff,

    Thank you...that appears to work as needed.

    Jan

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Formula help needed

    You're welocme. Thanks for the feedback!