How do add time/hours to get answer in hours if Ans>24

  1. #1
    Fran
    Guest

    How do add time/hours to get answer in hours if Ans>24

    I am working out rosters over a three week period for 10 staff, I need to
    calculate in time worked each day in hours & minutes (less meal breaks if
    applicable) and then add all the daily hours to get a weekly total in hours &
    minutes. The total hours are usually greater than 24.

  2. #2
    andy62
    Guest

    RE: How do add time/hours to get answer in hours if Ans>24

    Format the cells as Time and pick the "13:30" option, which stands for
    Hours:Minutes. Then in the column for the total switch to the "37:30:55"
    option. It will show your hours even above 24 and minutes, but you will have
    to ignore the last two digits which show seconds.

    If that's not good for you maybe someone else knows how to get just hours
    and minutes. None of Excel's hh:mm formats work above 24 hours.

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do add time/hours to get answer in hours if Ans>24

    One way:

    Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm