Graphing Normal Distribution Functions

  1. #1
    John F.
    Guest

    Graphing Normal Distribution Functions

    I have collected a large amount of data (approx 400 data points) and I need
    to represent the statistical date graphically, namely the Normal
    Distribution. I understand the concept mathematically but I would like some
    direction on how to accomplish this within Excel. (I have to do this in Excel
    due to different groups, engineering and non-engineering, need to view the
    data and graphs.

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: Graphing Normal Distribution Functions

    John F. -

    You could start by using Excel's Histogram tool (part of the Analysis
    ToolPak add-in that comes with Excel) that automatically prepares a
    frequency distribution and histogram (column chart).

    Or, you could use my free Better Histogram add-in, available for download
    from www.treeplan.com.

    If you also need to show the bell-shaped normal curve with the histogram,
    the process is much more complicated, usually involving the NORMDIST
    worksheet function and a combination chart (XY(Scatter) and Column chart
    types).

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    John F.
    Guest

    Re: Graphing Normal Distribution Functions

    Thanks that was helpful