Help with cell colour

  1. #1
    S S
    Guest

    Help with cell colour

    From a spreadsheet I was using a while back and now updating, I had some
    cells which had a pattern and a `fill` colour in them, I am sure I did this
    from Format cells /Pattern /Colour.
    It was a light browny beige colour but there does not appear to be a match
    for it on the drop down color menu so when I take the nearest colour to it I
    have two different shades. I cant fathom this out, have I maybe accessed a
    tranclucent colour from somewhere that would make the older ones appear
    lighter. I could change them all to the new slightly darker shade (but
    prefer the lighter) but would still like to know what I have done.

    Any ideas, I hope I have explained ok.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help with cell colour

    Sounds like a custom colour. If you go to Tools>Options>Color, you should
    see some extra colours in the dialog, maybe it is there. If so, you could
    select it, and click>Modify>Custom and get its RGB value. You could then
    select a standard colour and set that to the RGB value, thus creating an
    easily accessed colour.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3