How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

  1. #1
    Dick Hanneman
    Guest

    How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    In earlier versions of MS Office/Excel, I have easily extracted as .gif files
    charts that I created in Excel worksheets. Either I've simply forgotten how
    or something's changed. Anyone help me through this?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    does this help?
    Sub ExportChartGIF()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _
    FilterName:="GIF"
    End Sub

    Sub ExportChartJPG()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
    FilterName:="jpeg"

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dick Hanneman
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    This would help if I were a programmer; I'm not. Formerly, my memory is that
    when the Excel file saved, it also created a folder into which all graphics
    files associated with the .xls file were saved. I simply opened that folder
    and moved the .gif file to my website where I wanted the chart.

    Is their a solution for a non-programmer?

    Thanks for the effort.

    **** Hanneman

  4. #4

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    I bet you saved the file as .html to get that subfolder with the graphics.

  5. #5
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    I just learned this. Hold down the Shift key and click on the Edit menu. You
    will get a different menu where you can copy picture, and then paste it.

  6. #6
    Dick Hanneman
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    Perfect. That really isn't what I did before, I don't think, but had exactly
    the same result -- thank you VERY much, Dave.

    **** Hanneman

  7. #7
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    Hi ****,

    Another way is to select the chart and copy it with ctrl+c then open any
    image processing software you have and paste into that. You can then save as
    whatever image type you wish bitmap, jpeg, gif, tiff etc. The standard
    microsoft Paint will do just fine.

    HTH
    Martin

  8. #8
    Dick Hanneman
    Guest

    Re: How do I extract an Excel Chart as a graphics file?

    Thanks, Martin. I'll try that. I thought I had tried that, right-clicking
    on the chart, but it didn't seem to offer the option to copy. But I'll try
    it again. The earlier response solved my problem and the project is
    complete, but it is a recurring need.

    Appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ****