time now

  1. #1
    Lee Crew
    Guest

    time now

    I am using the function Now(), this returns the current date and time. If
    there a way of using this function just to return the current time?

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: time now

    Instead of using NOW() in a cell, replace it with MOD(NOW(),1)

    Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1

    =A1 - INT(A1)

    Format as time.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: time now

    "Pete_UK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Alternatively, if you have the NOW() formula in A1, then in B1
    >
    > =A1 - INT(A1)

    Why not =MOD(A1,1) <G>

  4. #4
    Lee Crew
    Guest

    Re: time now

    Hi Pete

    this returns the follwoing
    00/01/1900 13:19

    is there any way of it just returning 13:19

    Many Thanks
    Lee

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: time now

    You need to format it as hh:mm as well as it is picking up the source cell's
    format.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    Re: time now

    You can also try this one:
    =TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))
    The data that you get is the same as with the other solutions, but this
    comes directly formated as required:

  7. #7
    Lee Crew
    Guest

    Re: time now

    Hi Miguel

    That was just what I was after.

    Many thanks
    Lee

  8. #8
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: time now

    Bob,

    I'd already given him a MOD function, so I thought I'd give him an
    alternative.

    Pete (Night Owl) <bg>

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: time now

    OK I see, a philanthropic barn owl <ebg>

    Catch one for me, I'm off to the land of zzz's

    Bob