VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

  1. #1
    Liz Steffen
    Guest

    VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

    I have a worksheet with data. I need to match the date and the shift and
    return the value to a summary page.

    Sample data:
    Date Shift AvailMin Oper_BreaksOper_StickerMach
    2/9/2009 2 480 60 0
    5/5/2006 2 480 0 0
    5/5/2006 1 480 24 14

    So, I need to lookup Date and Shift and return to the cell the available
    minutes.

    Sheet sample of where data goes to:

    5/9/2006
    DAILY

    Operational
    Shift 1 Shift 2
    Breaks (value of 24 would go here)
    Sticker Machine
    Breakdown Infeed
    Breakdown Hoist
    Infeed Lug Loader
    Infeed Moisture Meter
    Infeed Tipple
    Infeed Table

    --
    -----
    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas, Excel MVP
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

    If that 24 is in column D and the sheet name is "Sheet1", for example, and if
    the date 5/5 is in cell C2 of the Summary sheet, (lots of assumptions!) then
    this formula in the Summary sheet would work:
    =INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(C2&"1",Sheet1!A1:A100&Sheet1!B1:B100,0))
    This formula needs to be ctrl/shift/entered, not simply entered.
    the C2&"1" is because C2 contains 5/5/2006 and the "1" is the shift.
    HTH

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

    =INDEX(Minute_Range,MATCH(1,(Date_Range=lookup1)*(Shift_Range=lookup2),0))

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Liz Steffen
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP needing to match two cells

    Hi Bob,

    You have been very helpful. Here is my syntax and it's not working.

    =INDEX(Header!D:D,MATCH(A2&"1",Header!A2:A700&Header!B2:B700,0))

    Can you help some more?

    --
    -----
    Thank you,