Fantasy Football Conditional Arrays

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Fantasy Football Conditional Arrays

    Hi,

    I really could use some help.

    I've got one work book with 4 work sheets devoted to various positions (e.g. QB RB WR/TE & K). Each of these worksheets lists specific players, their NFL team, Fantasy Team, Salary, Owner, and several other data parameters.

    I've attached the .xls in question.

    What I'm trying to do is outlined in the "Need Help Here" work sheet.

    Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Fantasy Football Conditional Arrays

    >What I'm trying to do is outlined in the "Need Help Here" work sheet.

    It's not real clear what you want to do.

    Do you want to extract data from the other sheets for each of the
    participants?

    C4 = Mike Tadlock
    C5 = 2006
    C6:Cn = list all the picks Mike made for 2006 ?
    C13 = 2007
    C14:Cn = list all picks Mike made for 2007 ?

    What's the procedure as far numbers of players picked and how many of each
    type of player can be picked?

    This will be very complicated to achieve!

    Biff

    "altopalo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Fantasy Football Conditional Arrays

    >This will be very complicated to achieve........

    .........in the format that you currently have.

    If you were to allocate specific cells for the players/types then it should
    be relatively easy. For example:

    QB1
    QB2
    RB1
    RB2
    WR1
    WR2
    TE1
    TE2
    K1
    K2

    Biff

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Clarification

    I apologize for the lack of clarity.

    I would like to create a summary work sheet that looks through lines 1-1000 of each of the other worksheets and, for each owner, pulls out several data points (player name, salary, position, contract year) sorting the collective results by contract year.

    A MySQL select statement would allow me to do what I want - I guess I'm looking for the equivalent in Excel.

    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

    Mike

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Fantasy Football Conditional Arrays

    Ok, if you use my suggestion.........

    >If you were to allocate specific cells for the players/types then it
    >should
    >be relatively easy. For example:
    >QB1
    >QB2
    >RB1
    >RB2
    >WR1
    >WR2
    >TE1
    >TE2
    >K1
    >K2

    ........this should be easy. If you keep the format the way you have it, it
    will be very difficult (if at all possible).

    However, I need more detail on the parameters.

    For instance, do the "owners" all have the same number of players? Do they
    all have the same number of players by position? How many of each player by
    position will each owner have?