nested IF in calculated field in pivot table

  1. #1
    Jack
    Guest

    nested IF in calculated field in pivot table

    I have data that contains 2 columns: "terms" and "rate". Terms is either
    "monthly" or "weekly". I want to create a formula for a pivot table that
    computes the Annual amount.
    My formula is as follows:
    =IF(terms="monthly",12*Rate,IF(terms="weekly",52*Rate,0))
    The result is always 0. I have trimmed my terms column but to no
    vail..
    If I create a formula:

    =IF(terms="monthly",12*Rate,52*Rate)

    This works. It s not what I want since eventually the terms column will
    inlcude quarterly and bi-monthly options which will require a nested IF
    If I use the IIF function, I get an error and it wont let me enter that
    function.
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Jack

  2. #2
    Iskus23
    Guest

    RE: nested IF in calculated field in pivot table

    Jack,

    Can you send your file with the nested IF statements. If I look at your
    formula, perhaps I can figure out your problem. I've used nested IF
    statements. I think 7 or 8 is the max allowed, but there are ways around
    that if you need to.

  3. #3
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: nested IF in calculated field in pivot table

    Can y send atachments in a post? I thought that was not allowed
    Jack
    news:[email protected]...