Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How to calculate shipping costs based on subtotal

  1. #1
    mywaters
    Guest

    How to calculate shipping costs based on subtotal

    I have a list of shipping costs for instance, if a product costs between 0.00
    and 10.00 shipping is $3.00, if it's between 10.01 and 20.00 shipping is
    $4.00.

    I've got the first part down, but I don't know how to do the rest of the
    formula with the if/then and OR statements.

    This is all I can get to work so far and I have to put a price range from 0
    to $600.00 in so that whatever the subtotal comes out to be the shipping is
    automatically calculated.

    Any helf would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    why not try vlookup witht the first column being the minimum value in each category and the second column being the shipping amount

    The values need sorting asending

    0 3
    10.01 4
    20.01 5

    if the above is a range a1:b3 and the value you want ot look up is in c4

    vlookup(c4,a1:b3)

    regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    mywaters
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate shipping costs based on subtotal

    I'm still not sure I understand...

    My subtotal is in E36 and based upon what number shows up in E36 I need it
    to pull the number out of column J (J22 - J36)

    The shipping table is set up like this:

    Columns:
    G H I J
    $0.00 - $10.00 $3.00
    $10.01 - $20.00 $4.00
    $20.01 - $30.00 $5.00
    $30.01 - $50.00 $6.00
    $50.01 - $75.00 $8.00
    $75.01 - $100.00 $10.00
    $100.01 - $150.00 $14.00
    $150.01 - $200.00 $18.00
    $200.01 - $250.00 $22.00
    $250.01 - $300.00 $26.00
    $300.01 - $350.00 $30.00
    $350.01 - $400.00 $34.00
    $400.01 - $450.00 $38.00
    $500.01 - $550.00 $42.00
    $550.01 - $600.00 $50.00

    (Add $4 for each add'l $50)
    (Add $1.50 for handling for each picture) (Note: Pictures start with an item
    code of PF or CF followed by a set of numbers)

  4. #4
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    If g12 is 0.00
    G13 is 10.01

    Etc

    Vlkookup(e36,g22:j36,4) should work to return the value from the j column

    Regards

    Dav

Closed Thread