Formula not giving me the right result

  1. #1
    Steved
    Guest

    Formula not giving me the right result

    Hello from Steved

    This formula give me the right result. SUM(H273:H312)

    This formula give me a different answer.
    SUMIF($C$6:$C$2000,"PAPAKURA DEPOT",H$2:H$2000)

    How can I get the formula to give me the result.

    Thankyou.

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    The ranges are not the same size. Typo?

  3. #3
    Steved
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    Hello JMB from Steved

    Papakura Depot appears from row 6 to row 2000 it is their 29 times in this
    range in Column C

    The objective is to look for Papakura Depot in Column C and sum the Column H.

    Hopefully I've explained my issue.

    Cheers.

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    Yes, but your formula as posted is searching C6:C2000, but is summing H2:H2000

  5. #5
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    Posted before finishing my thought,

    with the range sizes mismatched, the numbers returned from column H will be
    off by 4 rows

    A match in C6 will return H2
    A match in C50 will return H46

  6. #6
    Steved
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    Thankyou.

    You know I looked at it for about ten minutes and did not see what you have
    seen.

    Thankyou for taking timeout.

    Cheers.

  7. #7
    JMB
    Guest

    RE: Formula not giving me the right result

    You are most welcome.