Formula HELP PLEASE!!!!

  1. #1
    DestinySky
    Guest

    Formula HELP PLEASE!!!!

    I am working on a spreadsheet and when you "look" at the cell it looks like
    this:
    'S000000200BX00000001000 . I need to figure out how to do an auto sum on
    these. I was messing around and did a few find and replace and got rid of the
    'S thing and now I have a formula that looks like this... 2E+13... what is
    going on with this crazy thing?? This is a spreadsheet that is not made with
    in my company and I am not sure of how it was created!

    ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Formula HELP PLEASE!!!!

    Hi,
    It looks like you are going the right way, sum can only be done on numbers,
    and you are converting the strings to numbers. What you have there is
    scientific notation for a number, in your case 2E+13 means a 2 followed by 13
    zeros.
    The thing here is if that is the number you expected. If you can get back
    to the data origin, and they can explain to you what is on the data, you can
    extract the desired information with text formulas as RIGHT, MID and LEFT
    (check the help for each one, they are pretty easy)

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.