Automatic cell colouring

  1. #1
    Chris01623
    Guest

    Automatic cell colouring

    I have a spreadsheet logging sickness, each person at work has their own
    table, what i would like to do is when a person has been off for 4 occassions
    (not days off, the amount of times they have called in sick), i would like
    their whole table to highlight to alert me the have been off sick 4 times.
    It looks something like

    First day of absence Last day of Absence Reason
    Number of days
    01/05/06 05/05/06 Cold
    5

    And so on for each person. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Automatic cell colouring

    You can use conditional formating in all the table, with a formula like this:
    =(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,$A2)>4)
    Supposing that you have in column A any unique identifier for the employee,
    this will be TRUE, so it will show the highlight, when that Id is found more
    than four times in the column.
    You may have change the column and the row count to fit your scenario.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.