Seperate cell string into individual cells

  1. #1

    Seperate cell string into individual cells

    List of names:
    Cell A1: Sam A. & Sue R. Jones
    How can I seperate this string into individula cells?
    B1: Sam
    C1: A.
    D1: Sue
    E1: R.
    F1: Jones

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Rudy

  2. #2
    Simon
    Guest

    RE: Seperate cell string into individual cells

    Hi,

    You can copy these words to txt file first. Then, use excel to open the txt
    file.
    Excel will give a 'Text File import wizard', pls choose the delimited with
    the Space
    Best Regards
    Seymon

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Seperate cell string into individual cells

    Hi!

    Try this:

    Make sure the columns to the immediate right of cell A1 are empty to be able
    to receive the parsed data.

    Select cell A1
    Goto Data>Text to Columns
    Select Delimited