Most Current Date

  1. #1
    Mark Jackson
    Guest

    Most Current Date

    Hello,

    I have a worksheet that I keep track of quotes submitted. I have columns:
    Customer, Submit Date, Award Date, Price Quoted, and Won/Lost. I have
    another worksheet that is linked that keeps a cumulative total of the quotes
    that are lost. On that worksheet I have Last Award Date, Company, # of
    Quotes, and Total Value. My question, is it possible to have the most
    current award date for each company? I have it setup so companies that win
    multiple times are listed on one row with total # awards won, total value of
    awards. I would like to automatically insert the most recent award date each
    time an award is issued to that company. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Mark

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Most Current Date

    I've done something like this recently, so here goes.

    Let's say your customer names are in A2:A8.
    Let's also say that the award dates are in C2:C8.

    This is the equation that you'd need
    =MAX(IF(A$2:A$8="Customer A",IF($C$2:$C$8<>"",$C$2:$C$8)))

    You can replace "Customer A" with a variable name if you want it to be more
    dynamic. You MUST enter this with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER and you'll see {}
    around it after that's been done.

    Read this for more info
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm

  3. #3
    Mark Jackson
    Guest

    RE: Most Current Date

    Barb,

    Thank you for the quick response. It worked very well. How can I set it up
    with a veriable name? Thanks again for you help.

    Mark

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Most Current Date

    Let's say your company names are variables and the first is located in A20.

    =MAX(IF(A$2:A$8=A20,IF($C$2:$C$8<>"",$C$2:$C$8)))

    It will still need CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER to enter.

    You can then copy down without an issue.

  5. #5
    Mark Jackson
    Guest

    RE: Most Current Date

    Barb,

    Thank you! It works great. Have a great day.

    Mark