change display format for excel folders and files

  1. #1
    inthestands
    Guest

    change display format for excel folders and files

    My excel folders get quite large. I try and find my files by changing my
    file format to details and then sort by date to locate my most recent files.
    How can I change the way windows stores my files so that they always open in
    detail and the most recent file is sorted to the top of the list? Sorry if
    this is not an excel function question, I just find you guys always have
    great guick answers.
    --
    inthestands

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: change display format for excel folders and files

    "inthestands" wrote:
    > My excel folders get quite large. I try and find my files by changing my
    > file format to details and then sort by date to locate my most recent files.
    > How can I change the way windows stores my files so that they always open in
    > detail and the most recent file is sorted to the top of the list?

    Try this in Explorer
    Click on a folder in the left pane
    Click View > Details, then click to sort "Date Modified" descending
    Then click Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Apply to all folders > Yes
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: change display format for excel folders and files

    You might also want to check out Daniel Klann's
    Favourites Add-in for Microsoft Excel at his:

    http://www.danielklann.com/excel/exc...tes_add-in.htm

    In his words:
    ".. This is a simple add-in I wrote that allows you to access frequently
    used files and folders from within Excel, much like the 'Favorites' feature
    in Internet Explorer or 'Bookmarks' in Netscape Navigator. The add-in allows
    you to open your favourite files, or display the file open dialog at a
    particular folder.... "

  4. #4
    inthestands
    Guest

    Re: change display format for excel folders and files

    Thanks, the add-ins are great, and the instructions to modify the file were
    great. Thanks again
    --
    inthestands

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: change display format for excel folders and files

    Glad you liked it !
    Thanks for the feedback ..