HOW DO I FORMAT WORKSHEETS IN A WORKBOOK TO NUMBER IN A SEQUENCE?

  1. #1
    Lee S
    Guest

    HOW DO I FORMAT WORKSHEETS IN A WORKBOOK TO NUMBER IN A SEQUENCE?

    I am trying to get my worksheets to either number a specific cell in each
    worksheet in sequence or display the sheet name and I will rename the sheets
    in a sequence.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: HOW DO I FORMAT WORKSHEETS IN A WORKBOOK TO NUMBER IN A SEQUENCE?

    Hi!

    To get the sheet name:

    The file must already exist. In other words, it must have already been
    created and saved.

    Group all the sheets together that you want to do this to.

    Enter this formula in the cell where you want the name to appear:

    =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

    Ungroup the sheets.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...