Columns A - BY and 336 rows.Too much to filter&sort?Lose info.

  1. #1
    greenlawn06
    Guest

    Columns A - BY and 336 rows.Too much to filter&sort?Lose info.

    Have quite a range for sorting. Using columns A-BY and 336 rows. Columns A-Z
    are filled with phone, name, address prices across. AA-BY,continuing across,
    a portion of the original address is used, city, state, x the city column and
    how many times. Keep having a problem after sorting that column AB-BY is not
    getting sorted, so the rows going across do not match anymore. It's so
    frustrating. Is it too much for the program to handle? When it sorts it does
    highlight the whole page. Is there a problem when one filters, and maybe
    doesn't take the filter off and then sorts again? The list was already sorted
    alphabetically. I added 8 new customers on Friday at the bottom of the list.
    Sorted them into the list. I see this morning that the rows were off 1 toward
    the top, toward the bottom a couple off. Going through, trying to figure out,
    it left out the back half of the list and so every row moved up one. So I
    went through and inserted cells to drop the rows down one after the new
    customers I had entered. I now see that the backside AA-BY is still sitting
    at the bottom of the page of the new customers that I entered on Friday.
    Help! I Used to use Microsoft Works and didn't have this problem. I hope
    someone can understand this. We sort not only alphabetically, but sometimes
    by city, by work being done, etc. Thank You!

  2. #2

    Re: Columns A - BY and 336 rows.Too much to filter&sort?Lose info.

    I've had that same problem with large worksheets. What I suggest is
    somehow breaking up the one worksheet into different tabs. Like A-E,
    F-P, etc. and see if that works.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Columns A - BY and 336 rows.Too much to filter&sort?Lose info.

    Why not use a database instead?

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom