data validation-included extra rows

  1. #1
    bruno1
    Guest

    data validation-included extra rows

    i am having a problem where validation seems to disappear after i add data to
    a list. i created a list of data and defined a name. i included extra rows
    in my column list cause i know i need to add data regularly. i added data to
    my list, and as soon as i go to the dropdown, it allows me to enter anything.
    Also, if anyone can tell me how to make the data "autofill" - typing in
    partially, and it fills in a value from the list.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    re: data validation-included extra rows

    I think you could benefit from visiting Debra Dalgleish's website.
    Start here:

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    bruno1
    Guest

    re: data validation-included extra rows

    This looks like it will help me. Thanks! Still baffeled by my initial issue
    though. It seems that when the "Ignore blank" box is checked off it creates
    problems. looks like another quirky excel thing.