Sumproduct with #N/A in range

  1. #1
    Deeds
    Guest

    Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    I have a column B of names that is part of my sumproduct formula...there are
    some cells in this column that contain #N/A. I have to be able to complete
    the sumproduct formula by ignoring these errors... Is there something I can
    add to the sumproduct formula to ignore these errors in column B?

    Thanks again!

  2. #2
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    Maybe something like this:

    =SUM(IF($A$21:$A$36=11,IF(NOT(ISNA($B$21:$B$36)),$B21:B36,0)))
    which is an array formula (enter using cntl-shift-enter instead of just enter)

    --
    Kevin Vaughn

  3. #3
    Deeds
    Guest

    RE: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    Let me give you my formula:
    =sumproduct(B2:B400)*(A2:A400=F1)

    With the above....when it finds an #N/A in Column A...it returns #N/A. I
    need to add something to that section to ignore any #N/A.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    You don't need SUMPRODUCT

    =SUMIF(A2:A400,F1,B2:B400)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    Applying my formula to your range (and borrowing from Bob's answer,) I came
    up with:

    =SUM(IF(A2:A400=F1,IF(NOT(ISNA(B2:B400)),B2:B400,0)))
    which again is an array entered formula (ctrl-shift-enter)

    --
    Kevin Vaughn

  6. #6
    Deeds
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    Sorry for the confusion....the referenced formula is a stripped down version.
    I do have other criteria in the formula. I was trying to show just the part
    that is giving me errors. Bottom line is that I am trying to find something
    that I can add to my sumproduct formula that ignores #N/A.
    Thanks again!

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    Then use the same technique I showed you earlier

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A400,F1,0))),B2:B400)

  8. #8
    Deeds
    Guest

    Re: Sumproduct with #N/A in range

    right in front of me....sorry. Much appreciated!