VLookUp problem

  1. #1
    Louise
    Guest

    VLookUp problem

    When you are creating a vlookup, does the lookup table HAVE to be sorted
    alphabetically to work, or the lookup table and the original worksheet?

    I've been working on a lookup for a while and always get N/A so i know i'm
    going wrong somewhere.........

    Anybody help???

    Thank you
    Louise

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: VLookUp problem

    The lookup table has to be sorted if you set the fourth parameter of VLOOKUP
    to TRUE. Setting it to FALSE won't require the table to be sorted.
    The original worksheet can be at any order.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  3. #3
    Louise
    Guest

    RE: VLookUp problem

    OK, thanks very much. I'll rethink my tables.
    Louise