Sheet Name Function

  1. #1
    JaneC
    Guest

    Sheet Name Function

    Hi,

    I am wanting to create a list of sheet names in a workbook on the first
    sheet, and then assign each name in the list a hyperlink to go to that
    particular sheet. Does anybody know a formula that I can use to set this up?

    Thanks,

    Jane

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    Hi

    Create an UDF (Activate VBA editor pressing Alt+F11, insert a new module
    when there is no one in your workbook, and copy the code below into it).

    Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer, Optional parVolatile As Date) As
    String
    TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
    End Function

    On sheet you want to have the list of sheets in, into cell A1 enter the
    formula
    =IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW(),NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()))
    , and copy it down for some number of rows.

    In case you want a heading for sheets list in cell A1, enter the modified
    formula into cell A2
    =IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW()-1,NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()-1))
    , and again copy it down.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    Hi Jane,

    See recent post for interesting discussion about this formula...

    how to obtain sheet name?

    Ken Johnson

  4. #4
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    I was hoping that would be a link.

    Maybe this time..

    how to obtain sheet name?

    Ken Johnson

  5. #5
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    I give in!

    Ken Johnson

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    "JaneC" wrote:
    > I am wanting to create a list of sheet names in a workbook on the first
    > sheet, and then assign each name in the list a hyperlink to go to that
    > particular sheet. Does anybody know a formula that I can use to set this up?

    You're looking to build a table of contents, I believe ..

    One good way is Jim Cone's fine, free product (his XL Extras add-in) at his:
    http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

    Scroll right down to the bottom of the page for the download link:
    XL Extras - release 1.19 ... Download
    A collection of additional features including...
    **create table of contents with hyperlinks to each sheet

    Jim's add-in will do exactly what you're looking for (and much more ..)
    After installing, just click Insert > Table of Contents, then sit back
    and watch his magic go to work <g> !
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    "Ken Johnson" wrote:
    > I give in!

    Believe you were referring to this thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/mzhef

    ... but I'm not sure that's what the OP is looking for <g>

  8. #8
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    > After installing, just click Insert > Table of Contents

    The "Table of Contents" is a new menu item
    which appears under the "Insert" dropdown

  9. #9

    Re: Sheet Name Function

    Hello,

    Another approach without VBA:
    http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html

    Look at the proposed name WorksheetName and extract characters right
    from "]".

    HTH,
    Bernd