Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

changing numbers into a barcode using excel

  1. #1
    susan
    Guest

    changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    can anyone help me. I have heard you can change numbers into a barcode
    formatt which can then be scanned with barcode scanner.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    You first have to install a barcode font.
    http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/

    Then Format>Cell>Font

    Et voilà!

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    As far as I know, you enter the numbers you want to use in Excel, and then
    print it to a special brcode printer? The printer program does the
    conversion for you

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    You cant print on a regular printer, as long a you have a barcode font

    --
    AP

    [email protected]...

  5. #5
    susan
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    Thanks ardus great help;but i have saved in windows fonts file but when in
    excel it doesnt show the font for some reason.have i saved in wrong spot?

  6. #6
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    You should have installed the fonts with Start>Control Panel>Fonts.

    Once the fonts have been installed, you must stop/restart Excel before it
    takes the new fonts into account.

  7. #7
    susan
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    Thats terrific it works, i moved the files to where you said.
    Thank you very much ardus!

  8. #8
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: changing numbers into a barcode using excel

    Glad I could help!