how do I validate the value and not the formula in excel?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    BHemel
    Guest

    how do I validate the value and not the formula in excel?

    I have two columns of data which seperately may have duplicates but when
    combined are unique numbers.
    example:
    Row Col. A Col. B Col. Z
    1 4 101 =A1&B1
    2 4 101 =A2&B2
    3 4 101 =A3&B3

    I would like to use the countif function to validate the combined. Right
    now the countif validation is checking against the formula and value but I
    just want to check against the final value.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: how do I validate the value and not the formula in excel?

    Can you show us the formula you are using for the countif?