Count non consecutive columns

  1. #1

    Count non consecutive columns

    Hello - hoping someone can help me out.

    I have a worksheet with a number of columns and I am attempting to
    count the occurances where the value is >=100% in columns headed "% of
    Target Achieved" on a row-by-row basis.

    The value in these columns will either be a % (positive or negative) or
    "-"
    Values in other columns that I do not want included are numbers or
    blank.

    Thankyou

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Count non consecutive columns

    Hi,

    Assuming that the data that you would like to count is on the collumn C, so:

    try countif(C2:c1000;">=100%")

    hope it helps

    Regards
    Marcelo - Brazil

  3. #3

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    Thanks Marcelo - but the data is across a number of columns:
    eg:
    A B C D E F G
    Person A 52 126 42% 36 151 24%
    Person B 0 100% 70 93 75%

    If it makes it easier - it's every 3rd column that I need to get the
    data to count (ie columns D G J M P etc).

    So what I'm trying to end up with is row 1 (Person A) would have a
    count of 0, row 2 would have a count of 1.

    Megan

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    Forgot the second condition, so try

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B$1:M$1="% of Target achieved"),--(B2:M2>1))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    =SUMIF(B$1:M$1,"% of Target Achieved",B2:M2)

    and copy down

  6. #6

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    Bob - thankyou!! It seems to be counting the occurances of "-" though -
    is there anyway I can have them count as 0?

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B$1:M$1="% of Target
    achieved"),--ISNUMBER(B2:M2),--(B2:M2>1))

  8. #8

    Re: Count non consecutive columns

    Bob - you're a superstar. Thankyou very much.