How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel?

  1. #1
    Randy Toch
    Guest

    How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel?

    I've set up a mail merge document in Word using an Excel spreadsheet as the
    data file, but everytime Word imports the data it adds about 10 zeros
    following by a "1", so 23.4 becomes 23.4000000000001. No matter how many
    times a reformat the cell to only have 1 decimal place, I get this strange
    output number. Has anyone run into this before???

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel?

    Hi

    Formatting the cell affects only the way the number is displayed, not the
    number itself. You have to round values, p.e. adding a new column with
    formula =ROUND(ExactValue,1), and use this column as source for MM.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...