Intranet Excel File...Changing Name

  1. #1
    Sharky23
    Guest

    Intranet Excel File...Changing Name

    I need to link to in excel file on my office intranet. The filename changes
    daily when reports are run but I haven't figured out how to link to it.

    http://us.com/reports/production/myfile_20060430.xls

    This is the only file in that folder with that name, so if I can get excel
    to ignore the date on the end, I would be fine.

    All assistance is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Intranet Excel File...Changing Name

    You can use the HYPERLINK function, and craft the link inside. For example,
    if 20060430 is on cell A1, using:
    =HYPERLINK("http://us.com/reports/production/myfile_" & A1 & ".xls")
    will produce a link to that file.
    If you always need the link for the current day, you may even use this one,
    without the need of an additional cell:
    =HYPERLINK("http://us.com/reports/production/myfile_" & YEAR(TODAY()) &
    TEXT(MONTH(TODAY()),"00") & TEXT(DAY(TODAY()),"00") & ".xls")

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.