paste formula to each cell in a column without changing values

  1. #1
    mg_sv_r
    Guest

    paste formula to each cell in a column without changing values

    Hi,

    I have the following formula that I need in every cell of column G on my
    worksheet

    VLOOKUP(C:C,'Daily Code 10s'!1:65536,3,FALSE)

    Obviously when I copy and paste this from one cell to another it changes the
    formula to

    VLOOKUP(C:C,'Daily Code 10s'!#REF!,3,FALSE)

    Now copying and using paste special on each cell individually is going to
    take an eternity so is there a way to copy this to every cell in column G
    without it changing the formula?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: paste formula to each cell in a column without changing values

    hi,
    try using absolute references in the formula.

    VLOOKUP(C:C,'Daily Code 10s'!$1:$65536,3,FALSE)

    see xl help on absolute references vs relative references.

    regards
    FSt1