DateValue Problem...

  1. #1
    devrim
    Guest

    DateValue Problem...

    Hi All,
    In my excel sheet there are 2 rows

    Date In Date Out
    23/05/06 24/05/06
    23/05/06 25/05/06
    20/05/06 24/05/06
    21/05/06 27/05/06
    User enters these days manually and I want to know how can I make the Date
    Out format red, if Date Out is two days more than Date In. I tried to use
    DateValue option but couldn't succeed.
    Also is there a way to set up a reminder in excel if dateout passed by two
    days?

    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: DateValue Problem...

    Hi

    Select your DateOut column (I'll presume it's B). Go to Format/Conditional
    Format. Select Formula Is and in the box type
    =B1-A1=2
    and then choose your pattern
    This will highlight dates that are two days after Date In. If you want 2
    days or more use:
    =B1-A1>=2

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: DateValue Problem...

    Hi

    I assume dates start at row 2. Select the range with dates in column B (Date
    Out), and apply conditional formatting to it (in Format menu). Set the
    formula to
    =(B2-A2>2)
    , activate Format window, and set Fill to red. OK.

    NB! Sometimes Excel tries to be helpful, and encloses the entered formula
    into quotes ("..."). Then you have to remove them manually to make
    conditional formatting to work properly.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )