how can i insert a subtotal from a range of dates

  1. #1
    rosa
    Guest

    how can i insert a subtotal from a range of dates

    i posted a question earlier i can't see it now, so here it is again.

    I've been working with a database of dates and quantities i need to inset a
    total quantity in a monthly basis example:
    5/15/2006 2,400
    5/19/2006 10,400
    5/30/2006 18,000
    6/2/2006 3,200
    6/2/2006 22,000
    6/12/2006 22,000
    6/16/2006 12,800
    6/16/2006 22,000
    6/30/2006 5,600

    I need to separate may from june and add athe quantities but the subtotal
    function does it by each date. anybody can help me here???
    Is taking me all morning.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: how can i insert a subtotal from a range of dates

    Hi

    I would suggest a pivot table (from Data/Pivot Table). For an intro to these
    visit here:
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
    Once you have done this, you can right click on your date field and select
    Group to group it by month and/or year.

    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...