If Function for BLANK cells

  1. #1
    Andy
    Guest

    If Function for BLANK cells

    I have two columns, one of which row by row, may have blank cells in and
    other may have data.

    I need to create a function in C1 to say IF A1 is NULL AND B1 is NOT NULL,
    then return a character.

    Probably some combination of If and AND statements, but can't get it to work.

    Help greatly appreciated as ever.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: If Function for BLANK cells

    =IF(AND(A1="",B1<>""),"x","")
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: If Function for BLANK cells

    Hi Andy

    =IF(AND(A1="",B1<>""),"whatever_you_want","")

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...