Issues with formula not duplicating

  1. #1
    SasR
    Guest

    Issues with formula not duplicating

    Hi, hope you can help me.
    I'm trying to import information from one worksheet into a calendar - if the
    date value fits, then info from cells on the same line should be imported to
    the calendar page.

    This formula
    =IF(Sheet1!B:B=DATE(2006,5,30), CONCATENATE(Sheet1!D:D," ", Sheet1!E:E," ",
    Sheet1!H:H," ", Sheet1!I:I, " ")," ")

    works brilliantly, but only as that one function, if I change the date to a
    previous or later one, I don't get a return value. There are a number of
    dates within the spreadsheet, so it isn't like there's a lack of data.
    The formula isn't coming up with an error, but there's obviously something
    going on that Excel doesn't like.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Issues with formula not duplicating

    Why have you reposted the same question when Bob is responding to the
    previous? It's not very fair.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Actually it wasn't deliberate - this second posting was through the Microsoft Forum, and I didn't realise that it would be reposted here.
    The reason I posted it at the Microsoft forum is that I am still looking for an answer...

    Wasn't meaning to tread on anyone's toes
    And I'm happy for an administrator to delete this one as it is a duplication.

    Why have you reposted the same question when Bob is responding to the
    previous? It's not very fair.

    Andy.

    "SasR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, hope you can help me.
    > I'm trying to import information from one worksheet into a calendar - if
    > the
    > date value fits, then info from cells on the same line should be imported
    > the calendar page.
    >
    > This formula
    > =IF(Sheet1!B:B=DATE(2006,5,30), CONCATENATE(Sheet1!D:D," ", Sheet1!E:E,"
    > ",
    > Sheet1!H:H," ", Sheet1!I:I, " ")," ")
    >
    > works brilliantly, but only as that one function, if I change the date to
    > previous or later one, I don't get a return value. There are a number of
    > dates within the spreadsheet, so it isn't like there's a lack of data.
    > The formula isn't coming up with an error, but there's obviously something
    > going on that Excel doesn't like.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    Last edited by moviegrrl; 05-25-2006 at 11:17 AM.