Can't Get Objects To Work In A Protected Worksheet

  1. #1
    OMMBoy
    Guest

    Can't Get Objects To Work In A Protected Worksheet

    I inserted a couple of checkbox objects (from the Form toolbar) in a
    worksheet and would like for them to be accessable by other users when the
    worksheet is protected. When I right-click the object and select Format
    Control, then the Protection tab, I make sure Locked and Locked Text are
    unchecked before protecting the worksheet. Unfortunately, when a user
    attempts to click on the checkbox (within the protected worksheet), they are
    greeted by the following pop-up message: "The cell or chart you are trying to
    change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or
    chart, first remove protection by using the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools
    menu, Protection submenu). You may be prompted for a password."

    I have unsuccessfuly Googled this dilemma and hope somebody will be able to
    help me.

    Thank you, in advance, for any help you are able to provide.

    Regards,
    OMMBoy

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Los Angeles, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016
    Posts
    12,631
    The linked cell must also be unlocked.
    Ben Van Johnson

  3. #3
    OMMBoy
    Guest

    Re: Can't Get Objects To Work In A Protected Worksheet

    OMG! How easy was that?! Why didn't I think of that?! Thank you so much
    ProtonLeah! If I had spent any more time trying to find the solution on my
    own, they would've had to commit me! Thanks, again, and have a great weekend!