Group & sort rows that have a specific value in column C

  1. #1
    Lex
    Guest

    Group & sort rows that have a specific value in column C

    I have sorted rows according to the values in column C. How do I now sort
    all rows that have a particular value in column C (now that they are grouped
    together) according to the value in column E.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor Richard Schollar's Avatar
    Hampshire UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2002
    Posts
    1,264
    Lex

    I hope I am understanding you correctly here, but it sounds to me like you want to Sort by column C and then by Column E (as the options in the Sort dialog) - does this do what you want, or have I misunderstood?

    Richard

  3. #3
    Lex
    Guest

    Re: Group & sort rows that have a specific value in column C

    After I sort the rows by column C (5000, 3800, 3400, 3100, 3000, 2000 are the
    possible values in column C and are now grouped together) I now want to sort
    each grouping and add the subtotals. I am currently having to block the
    information so that the range of rows covers just the 5000's in column C,
    then sort that group by the information in columns E and secondarily Column
    L. Then, block the next group of rows and sort them, then the next, etc. I
    want to design a macro to do this automatically, but the number of rows in
    each grouping vary. Any ideas