I wish automate a cut and paste of data from one work book to ano

  1. #1
    Ian Anderson
    Guest

    I wish automate a cut and paste of data from one work book to ano

    I need monthly to insert new budgets into column and over write the last
    month's budgets. I would like a formular or macro to do this can you help
    please?
    --
    Andy

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Los Angeles, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016
    Posts
    12,620
    Is the "copy from" column always the same from month to month?
    Is the "paste to" column always the same from month to month?

    Do the names of the workbooks change from month to month?
    Do the names of the worksheets change from month to month?
    Ben Van Johnson

  3. #3
    Ian Anderson
    Guest

    Re: I wish automate a cut and paste of data from one work book to

    The copy from column moves along each month for each monthly budget as the
    budgets change each month.

    The paste is the same every month.
    The work book name stays the same each monthas does the work sheet.

    I'm importing data to say cell1A and then using that data form my spread
    sheet what ineed to do is comapre that data with that months budget. I have
    the variances set up its just wanting automate the moving along one month and
    if possible add one month to the othe to give a cumulative year to date #.
    Would it help if I sen the spread sheet to you?

    Many thanks for your help.

    Ian
    --
    Andy