Formula for Petty Cash form to return -/+ amount?

  1. #1
    tb
    Guest

    Formula for Petty Cash form to return -/+ amount?

    I have started building a balance sheet for my petty cash. I have a cell with
    the drawer total (which is my float) then I have a cell with cash on hand
    total (total cash left), another cell with Petty Cash (tot al of cash spent)
    I would like to have another cell that would show me if there is an over or a
    shortage from cash on hand to what the drawer total os suppose to be?

    EG: Drawer Total 500.00
    Cash on hand Total 175.00
    Petty Cash 300.00
    Over/Short <25.00>

    Is there a formula that would do this for me??

    TY

  2. #2
    tb
    Guest

    RE: Formula for Petty Cash form to return -/+ amount?

    I FIGURED IT OUT, PLEASE IGNORE POST!!!!

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Formula for Petty Cash form to return -/+ amount?

    Assuming the three numbers from your example occupy cells B2 to B4,
    enter this formula in B5:

    =B3+B4-B2

    This will give a negative value if the cash spent plus cash remaining
    are less than the float.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete