Help With A Tricky SUMPRODUCT Function

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Question Help With A Tricky SUMPRODUCT Function

    Hello All,

    What I currently have is:

    =SUMPRODUCT(('Daily Tracker'!C4:C115="Aircard - Connectivity Issue")*('Daily Tracker'!B4:B115={"Ait-Hamou, Achour","Antoine, Louis-Bernard","Brassard, Yanik","Dawson, Ronald","De Gonzague, Gilles","Gavilan, Carlos","Hachey, Anthony","Maheux-Anctil, Pierre","Nguyen, Minh Trun","Ortega, Orlando","Salazar, Ramon","Smadja, Yves","St. Pierre, Luc","Thomas, Steve","Troufanov, Alexandre"}))

    The idea here is that it is counting how many times "Aircard - Connectivity Issue" is selected in C4:C115 on the Daily Tracker Sheet, but only if the corosponding name in B4:B115 matches one of the names listed.

    Now, all of those names listed there in quotes are also listed in cells D5:D20 of the same sheet. Currently, anytime I need to change the names for this(which is ofter, unfortunatley) I change this whole list. I'd like to find a way to tell it to compare against the list of names in D5:D35(leaves room for the list to grow).

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Help With A Tricky SUMPRODUCT Function

    maybe if you use INDIRECT

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help With A Tricky SUMPRODUCT Function

    I have responded in excel.misc

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...