Upcoming Date alerts

  1. #1
    Trenton
    Guest

    Upcoming Date alerts

    Is there a way I can have an Excel 2003 worksheet notify me of upcoming
    dates? Ex: I have a spreadsheet tracking safety course expirey dates, and
    would like to have the cells highlight prior to that date, say 1 month in
    advance. Will conditional formatting do this, and if so, how?

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    TRY:

    Assuming dates are in column A, highlight column A, then in Conditional
    Formatting set "Formula is" to =(A1<=TODAY()+30)

    and set to required colour.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Trenton
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    Are start and end cell #'s required?

  4. #4
    Trenton
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    For some reason, it highlights all sorts of cells, but not the ones I need.
    Any suggestions?

  5. #5
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    The current test should highlight any expiry date within 30 days of today i.e
    any dates before 30th June 2006. Is this what is required or have I
    misunderstood?

  6. #6
    Trenton
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    Your understanding is correct. My spreadsheet, however,isn't doing it. In my
    case, the datres I'm tracking are in column G, starting @ G6 through G77.
    I've tried highlightong the entire G column and inputting your formula, as
    well as just highlighting G6-G77. Each time, it highlights all sorts of
    cells, some with dates
    such as 10-Oct-08, but ironically not 23-Jun-06. I've also tried changing
    the cell date format to an all numeric version, with no change.

  7. #7
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    Check that (some of) the fields are not formatted as text rather than dates.
    I have re-checked my formatting and it works with date fields but fails if
    they are text fields.

  8. #8
    Toppers

  9. #9
    Toppers

  10. #10
    Trenton
    Guest

    RE: Upcoming Date alerts

    Perfect! Thank you! One last question, some of the cells are blank (IE no
    course required for that person) is there an additional format to not
    highlight those?

  11. #11
    Toppers
    Guest